One of the most common questions we receive is, “How many porta-potties should I get for my event?” The truth is, it depends on the size and type of event. We list a couple determining factors to help you decide how many portable restrooms to order for your special occasion.
Factors that could impact the number of toilets you need to get:
- The number of people attending the event – Obviously, the more people you have attending your event means you should have more toilets available. As a rule of thumb, one portable toilet per 50 people is a good starting point. That means if you have 100 people attending you should have at least two toilets, three toilets for 150 people, and so on.
- The length of your event – You should assume that your guests will need the toilet at least once every three to four hours. The longer the event, the more toilets you should be providing. A smaller party can suffice with two extra toilets, but a larger party over a duration of time will need much more.
- How many women are attending your event – If at least half of your guests will be women, you will need to take that into consideration. To accommodate for your female guests, you should consider adding one or two more toilets to your total order.
- If your guests will be drinking alcohol – Alcohol makes guests urinate 30-40% more often. If your event will serve alcohol, it is a good idea to acquire a couple more amenities to account for the frequent use.
- If you have access to permanent facilities – If your guests will be able to access permanent bathrooms or structural facilities, you can drastically cut down the number of portable restrooms you will need. However, it is important to know if you will really have access to those facilities. You don’t want to opt for fewer porta-potties only to find out during the event that you can’t access the permanent facilities because they are locked or barred.